Personal Injury Attorneys In New York
Sustaining an injury as the result of someone else’s wrongdoing is not only an event that can turn your life upside down but an injustice that needs to be addressed. Enduring the physical recovery process after an injury can be hard enough, let alone the emotional and mental processes of trying to obtain the compensation you need in order to get back on your feet and on with your life in Staten Island. If you’re reeling from an injury and think you may have a personal injury claim on your hands, you probably aren’t sure where to turn, how to know who’s liable for your damages, or how to locate the best attorney for your particular circumstance. The personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Robert E. Brown, PC in New York will take the time to understand you, your pain, and your needs, all while fighting for the best possible outcome and the greatest amount of compensation.
- What Are The Top Misconceptions That People Have About Auto Accident Claims?
- Should I Notify Both My Own And The Other Party’s Insurance Company About An Auto Accident?
- Why Is It Critical To Follow Doctor’s Orders For A Personal Injury Case?
- How Long Do Personal Injury Cases Typically Take To Get Resolved?
- What Sets Your Firm Apart In Handling Auto Accident Cases In New York?
Unlike the New York personal injury law firms you’ll find in the phone book or hear about on TV, the Law Offices of Robert E. Brown, PC is not a “personal injury mill,” meaning the attorneys will never take a case unless they truly believe in it, and limit the number of cases they handle at any one time in order to ensure that each client is treated with the care and personalized attention they deserve. Since they take personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, there are no attorneys’ fees unless a settlement or verdict is obtained on your behalf, and this is something not every New York attorney can offer.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Robert E. Brown, PC handle all types of personal injury cases in Staten Island, many of which involve serious, life-threatening injuries. The following are just a few examples of the cases commonly handled by these experienced New York personal injury attorneys:
- Medical Malpractice – In almost every medical procedure, certain risks are to be expected, but errors and acts of negligence on behalf of a medical practitioner or establishment are not. Medical malpractice can involve some of the most serious injuries, and as such, often result in very large settlements. These cases are very difficult—if not impossible—to fight without the assistance of a strong, dedicated, and experienced attorney.
- Vehicle Accidents – Regardless of how carefully you drive, you can never avoid the risk of collision when you’re on the road. Whether you were the driver of a car that was in an accident with a motorcycle, commercial truck, or city bus, or a pedestrian or cyclist who was hit by one of these vehicles, obtaining compensation will be a vital element of your recovery. An attorney will be able to quickly launch an investigation, collect evidence before it’s been removed or altered, and deal with the at-fault party’s insurance company so you don’t have to.
- Slip, Trip & Falls – Many personal injury cases arise from accidents that occur on another person’s property—whether it’s a neighbor’s house, a park owned by a municipality, or a grocery store. It doesn’t take much for someone to fall and sustain serious injuries; within a matter of seconds, a small refrigerator leak or an object blocking a walkway can result in a broken pelvis or head injury.
- Construction Accidents – Construction projects that are being carried out near roadways increase the risk of auto accidents caused by equipment obscuring drivers’ views, insufficient signage warning drivers to slow down or look out for defects in the road, or simply the distraction of increased noise and commotion.
- Workplace Injuries – When an injury is sustained on the job as the result of defective equipment, improper training, lack of breaks and/or sufficient rest between shifts, or any number of other variables, the employer will likely be held responsible. Workers’ compensation laws serve to protect individuals who are injured in these ways, and the right attorney will be able to collect the necessary evidence to prove a case.
- Nursing Home Neglect Or Abuse – When it’s time for a loved one to enter a facility for nursing care, the last thing you want to imagine is them being mistreated within that facility. However, incidences of abuse and neglect in nursing homes are not uncommon and can involve bed sores, broken bones from improper transfer techniques, or even death. Don’t let your loved one be the victim of such mistreatment—reach out to a personal injury attorney at the first sign of anything questionable.
The personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Robert E. Brown, PC will work diligently and passionately to obtain justice for those who have been wronged. They know how to navigate the legal system in Staten Island, formulate the best arguments, present the most compelling evidence, and ultimately obtain the highest settlements or jury awards for their clients.
If you have been the victim of sexual abuse or assault please contact us for a free consultation.
Call For A Free Consultation